Run in conjunction with the RHS this is our most popular event when the gardens are carpeted in a spectacular display of snowdrops around the remains of the Norman Castle and surrounding moat. Masses of Hellebores flower with Aconites and winter flowering shrubs, plus coloured stems of Acers, Cornus and Willow around the lakes.
A collection of rare and unusual Snowdrops has been built up over the years many of which can be found growing in the borders, a labelled collection of 200 varieties is kept in and around the walled Kitchen Garden. Refreshments are available on weekdays and Saturdays in the gardens, on Sundays in the village hall ,or at the nearby public houses in Benington, Walkern & Watton at Stone.
Read more on our Snowdrops Information page.
Plant Sales 2014: Hellebores, Single and double snowdrops plus a limited number of named varieties and will be available starting Sat 8th Feb, Sales will be on a first come, first served basis and we regret that we are unable to take postal orders, payment by Cash or Cheque only we do not have card facilities.
Join us on Facebook
- Opening times 2014: Daily Sat 8th Feb - Sun 2nd March, 12-4pm.
- Prices: Adults £5 (Concessions £4 - Not on Sundays) Children: Under 16's £2. Children: Under 12's Free.
- Infomation for disabled visitors
- RHS members: Free entry from Sat 8th - Fri 14th Feb.
- Guided Walks - Mondays & Wednesdays at 2pm, £1 Maximum of 30 people- tickets are sold on the day in the entrance kiosk on a first come first served basis, sorry but we cannot take bookings for places by email or telephone.
- Free Parking.
- Snowdrops and Hellebores for Sale.
- Sorry no dogs.
Snowdrop Concerts 2014
There will be a series of concerts in St Peter's Church each Sunday in February, from 2.30 to 3.15pm, Admission is free with a retiring collection in aid of the church organ fund, full details can be found here