This is our most popular event when the gardens are carpeted in a spectacular display of snowdrops around the remains of the Norman Castle and surrounding moat. Hellebores, Aconites and winter flowering shrubs are also in flower, as well as the coloured stems of Acers, Cornus and Willow around the lakes.
A collection of rare and unusual Snowdrops has been built up over the years many of which can be found growing in the borders & a labelled collection of 200 varieties is kept in and around the walled Kitchen Garden. Refreshments are available on weekdays and Saturdays in the tea room, on Sundays in the village hall. Nearby public houses in Benington, Walkern & Watton at Stone are an altrenative.
Please note that Benington Lordship Gardens is no longer participating in the RHS partner garden scheme & will therefore NOT be offering free access to RHS members. We will, however, be taking part in the 2016 Snowdrop Festival which is being organised by the National Garden Scheme; in partnership with Visit England. Our designated NGS day is Saturday 13th Februarywhen we hope you will visit to support the charity.
Read more on our Snowdrops Information page.
Join us on Facebook
- Opening times 2016: Daily from Weds 10th Feb - Sun 6th March, 12 - 4pm.
- NGS day Sat 13th Feb, 12 - 4pm.
- Prices: Adults £5 (Concessions £4 - not on Sundays) Children: Under 16's £2. Children: Under 12's Free.
- Infomation for disabled visitors
- Guided Walks - Mondays & Wednesdays at 2pm, £1 Maximum of 30 people- tickets are sold on the day in the entrance kiosk on a first come first served basis. Sorry, but we cannot take bookings for places by email or telephone.
- Free Parking.
- Refreshments, including hot soup & cream teas.
- Single & double Snowdrops and a limited number of named varities available to buy (weather dependant)
- Sorry no dogs.
Snowdrop Concerts 2016
There will be a series of concerts in St Peter's Church each Sunday in February, from 2.30 to 3.15pm, Admission is free with a retiring collection in aid of the church organ fund, full details can be found here