Run in conjunction with the RHS this is our most popular event when the gardens are carpeted in a spectacular display of snowdrops around the remains of the Norman Castle and surrounding moat. Masses of Hellebores flower with Aconites and winter flowering shrubs, plus coloured stems of Acers, Cornus and Willow around the lakes.
A collection of rare and unusual Snowdrops has been built up over the years many of which can be found growing in the borders, a labelled collection is kept in the walled Kitchen Garden and can be viewed by appointment or as part of a guided walk. Refreshments are available on weekdays and Saturdays in the gardens, on Sundays in the village hall ,or at the nearby public house "The Bell Inn".
Read more on our Snowdrops Information page.
Join us on Facebook
- Opening times 2014: Date will be posted later this year.
- Prices: Adults £5 (Concessions £4 - Not on Sundays) Children: Under 16's £2. Children: Under 12's Free.
- Infomation for disabled visitors
- RHS members:
- Guided Walks - Mondays & Wednesdays at 2pm, £1 Maximum of 30 people- tickets are sold on the day in the entrance kiosk on a first come first served basis, sorry but we cannot take bookings for places by email or telephone.
- Free Parking.
- Snowdrops and Hellebores for Sale.
- Sorry no dogs.
Snowdrop Concerts 2013
There will be a series of concerts in St Peter's Church each Sunday in February, from 2.30 to 3.15pm, Admission is free with a retiring collection in aid of the church organ fund, full details can be found here